Slow Cooker / Crockpot BBQ Meatloaf

My recipe for BBQ Meatloaf is adapted from largefamilytable.com and I have to be honest with you, this was the first time I have ever eaten, let alone cooked meatloaf.  As a 39 year old woman, don't be shocked and give up on me just yet at this revelation.

Ingredients

  • 1 lb minced (ground) beef
  • 1 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup chopped veggies (I used onions, courgette, and bell peppers)
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp parsley
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • BBQ sauce

Instructions

Mix all ingredients together by hand. Take your time with this and be sure everything is combined well.
Form into a loaf shape.
If preparing ahead for the freezer, place in a freezer bag and freeze until the night before you are ready to use them. Thaw in fridge overnight.
Place meatloaf in slow cooker and spread barbecue sauce over the top.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for up to 8 hours. Careful not to burn. It'll still taste nice if you do...I'm not telling you how I know that ;)
I served ours with buttered potatoes and roasted courgette and tomatoes.  Delish!
Enjoy!










Comments